Hello KK Fans! This month I am excited to share my Krazy Kreations "Thank You" greeting card with you. Who doesn't like to receive a little thank you note?
A thank you card let's you show that person(s) just how much you appreciated what they did for you. Krazy Kreations has a wonderful variety of outline stickers for just this occasion. For this card I chose the Bees outline stickers as the focus.
To create the card:
1. I started with the bees and their hive.
a. Preparing the Glitter Paper: I needed to burnish it. To do this you rub your fingers on the glitter paper to make it smooth remove any loose glitter and the oils from your fingers makes the glitter shimmer and shine even more.
b. The outline stickers: I chose the bees and their hive from Krazy Kreations Bees Outline Stickers and adhered them to the white glitter paper. Using my fingers I rubbed the sticker onto the paper, and then turned over the paper and rubbed with pressure to ensure the sticker was stuck securely onto the glitter paper. This will prevent the color from bleeding between the sticker and paper.
I used Copic markers to color the hive and bees. For the hive I used YR32 and Y17, the bees I used YR32 and Y15 for the bodies and heads leaving the wings with just the glitter paper. Make sure to always start with the lightest color first. When adding the dark color I feathered it, making sure not to leave even straight lines. This makes it easier to blend the colors. Once the coloring is completed, I cut the hive and bees out and used a black Sharpie to color the edges. Using the black sharpie will hide the white edges and make it have a nicer finish.
2. I made an A2 card with white cardstock. I used a blending brush to add Bliss Blue ink to the sides on the front of the card. Hen I stamped bees all over the sides of the card in black. Only blended the blue and stamped the bees 1.5" from edges.
3. Next I cut pieces of goldenrod paper to make the layers of the card. I chose to have 4 layers. Eah layer was trimmed by .25".
a. Each layer was embossed using the Honey Comb embossing folder. After embossing I went over the embossed areas with a gold metallic pen, adding shimmer to make it look wet from honey. Next I stamped bees all over each layer. Making sure they were going in all different directions.
b. the first layer was adhered flat to the front of the card. The next three layers were adhered with black foam tape.
4. My Scan N Cut was used to print and cut out the sentiment "Buzzing by to say" Adhering it with black foam tape.
5. Thank you sentiment is from Krazy Kreations Thank You sentiment stickers. I adhered it to a white cardstock square and used black foam tape to adhere it to the card.
6. I waned a little more pizzazz on this card so I used Krazy Kreations Jelly Shaker Beads. To adhere them to the bees I used Zig 2 Way Glue.
Have a beautiful day filled with lots of creativity!
Thank you for stopping by,
Krazy Kreations Supplies:
- Bees Outline Stickers #3039
- Micro Fine Glitter Paper - Cool Highlights
- Jelly Shaker Beads
- Thank You Sentiment Stickers
- Copic Markers - YR32, Y15, Y17
- White Cardstock
- Goldenrod Cardstock
- Honey Comb Embossing Folder
- Scrap That!- 1/4" Black Foam Tape
- Memento Ink - Tuexdo Black
- Stampin' Up! Blissh Blue Ink
- Bee Stamp