Hello! This month I am excited to share my Krazy Kreations fall greeting card with you. One of my favorite fall things to do is to go to the pumpkin patch. I have so many wonderful memories of spending time with my kids, outside on a farm, in cold weather, taking hay rides, petting animals, sipping hot chocolate, and picking pumpkins. So, of course, I love things that remind me of those memories. The new Krazy Kreations trucks and pumpkins do just that!
To create the card:
1. I started with my favorite part: Making the truck and pumpkins!
a. Prepared the Glitter Paper: I used my fingers to burnish the glitter to make it smooth and add luster from the oils in my fingers.
b. Prepared the truck and pumpkins: I selected a truck and three pumpkins from the Krazy Kreations Vintage Truck Outline Stickers sheet to peel from the sticker sheet and adhere to white glitter paper. Using a Copic marker cap, I burnished the stickers onto the paper, ensuring the sticker was sealed to prevent the color from bleeding.
I colored the truck with the lightest color of my alcohol marker combinations. I used Copic R29, R89, and N3 for the truck, and YR02, YR07, YG03, YR04, and YG67 for the pumpkins. After coloring the truck and pumpkin images, I cut them out and used a black Sharpie to color the edges.
2. I made a 4 1/2” x 6” card out of black cardstock.
3. I cut a piece of the wood paper from the Authentique Cheerful 6 x 6 pad to 4 3/8” x 5 ¾” and adhered it to the center of the card front.
4. I used pop dots to adhere the truck and pumpkins so that the top of the truck was about halfway from the top of the card. I used various thicknesses of pop dots for the pumpkins so that they appear to be stacked in the back of the truck.
5. You’ll notice that there are straight black sticker lines in between the Krazy Kreations scalloped border stickers. I cut two pieces that were about the length of the truck from one of these straight strips. The bottom one is placed about ½” from the bottom of the wood paper, and the other one about ¾” above that one, straight across.
6. From my stash, I used white cardboard letters for the word fall, centered about ¼” from the top of the truck. Then, I penciled in a large curve to put red letter stickers to spell “Thankful for”. I also added black number stickers for the 2017, centered between the lines.
7. I think that rub-ons make the decorations look like they are painted on. So, I used rub-ons from my stash to add the decoration above the “fall”, the leaves, and the red decoration at the bottom.
8. Finally, I used copper colored bling stickers that look like nail heads, on the outside of the 2017, to finish it off.
I hope this project evokes some warm fuzzy fall feeling for you, too!
Best wishes until next time,
Krazy Kreations Supplies: